Thursday, August 9, 2012

Why the name of this blog?



It comes from my favourite English nursery rhyme called “Lavender Blue”:

Lavender blue and Rosemary green
When I am King you shall be Queen.

I think David Bowie’s “Heroes” quotes this poem. And there’s a Marillion song called “Lavender Blue”. Since I’m a bit of a fag hag and love all things homoerotic, I couldn’t help but love the ambiguity of this little verse, the double-entendre of “lavender” and “queen”. 

Of course, it’s probably not the best name for a Supernatural-related blog, but I couldn’t come up with any title evocative of the show that hadn’t been used by somebody else before. So I’m sticking with it. After all, rosemary is one of the herbs the hunters may use in some of their rituals, therefore the name is not entirely meaningless.  

No comments:

Post a Comment